Help! (second thoughts)

Tomas Amaya t.amaya at eninfinitum.com
Thu Aug 21 05:37:16 UTC 2014

Michael McCafferty, M Launey, thank you for
your answers.

Dear Michel:

You are on the way. Your statement “fulfill
a task” makes a lot of sense!

I have talked with several Nahuatl-speaking friends (my wife among them) and
the conclusions are as follows:

1.
The verbal particle “cui” is
meaningful: he takes, he uses, he takes out. This way, when you say “nicnoyolcuitía
notlahtlacol” you are meaning: “I am making myself to take out my sins from my
heart”; in Spanish: yo me hago sacar mis pecados desde el corazón ("je
suis amené à extraire mes pëchers du fond de mon coeur"???)

2.
(To use), example (nahuat): Yn
nehhua, ynic nitatoca ahmo niccui tepoz, cuouhpizoh in niccui. Translation: In
my case, when I sow, I do not use an iron tool, I use rather a sharp stick.

3.
In some regions “mocuitía” may
mean “he takes himself as”, “he recognizes himself as”, “he names himself as”,
e.g.: “on tacat chanchihua ateno, mocuitía Cuamait”. Translation: the man
who has his house near the river gives himself the name of Cuamait”

4.
If you think in nahuat, “mocuitia”
may mean: “he makes use of himself”; but in Zacatlan the nahuatl-speaking
people go further: “nimocuicuitia” means: “I am very busy” i.e. “I am making
use of myself a lot”.

5.
This way, “nonecuitil” means “my
work/duty (being performed or to be performed)”, i. e.  according to you: “my task, my task being
fulfilled, to be fulfilled  (depending on
context)”

Eureka!
Thank you again.

Tomas Amaya