workshop program

Steven Bird sb at CS.MU.OZ.AU
Wed Nov 6 06:37:16 UTC 2002

Folks,

A draft program is now posted on the workshop website at:

  http://www.language-archives.org/events/olac02/

We've structured the program to maximize the chances of reaching consensus
on the core infrastructure and get to the point where we can launch version
1.0 of the metadata set including a core set of vocabularies.  We also want
this meeting to set the agenda for 2003.

As advertized there is no time for individual conference-style paper
presentations.  However the meeting will open with a session in which every
archive and service will be briefly introduced, and there will be ample
informal discussion time for this (2.5 hours of breaks during the day and
free evenings).  The second half of Wednesday afternoon is scheduled as an
open forum for new initiatives of community-wide interest, so please keep
the ideas coming.

Please let us know if we've left anything out, or if you think we need to
adjust time allocations etc.

Thanks,
Steven Bird