Recommendations for language areas, linguistics-specific geographic entities

Helen Aristar-Dry hdry at LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Tue Mar 14 14:16:13 UTC 2006

Hi, Jeff,

Good questions.  In an advance planning meeting for LL-MAP (Language and
Location:  A Map Annotation Project), it was decided that Oesten Dahl
would serve as the authority on place-names for our project, since he
has given considerable thought to the deficiencies of existing
standardized lists.  I will forward your questions to him to see if he
has been using any lists of linguistics-specific geographic entities or
geographic types.  If so, OLAC might want to consider them.

Best,
-Helen