Archives workgroup doc for LSA?

Jeff Good jcgood at SOCRATES.BERKELEY.EDU
Fri Dec 5 17:36:22 UTC 2003

> Would anyone mind if I made those pages from our July workgroup
> on archives and collections into a little handout for Jeff Good to add
> to his handout table at SSILA/LSA? I'm sending a package of AILLA
> brochures to his parents in Boston (Thank you, Mr. & Mrs. Good!)
> and I could just as well send these, too.

I think that's a great idea. The more useful content the better. Thanks!

> Also, would it be useful to make a one-page handout with just a
> list of annotated web addresses?  Because, really, we've all put
> tons of stuff on the web that people can go look at: EMELD, OLAC,
> IMDI, DOBES, HRELP, AILLA, ANLC, PARADISEC, etc etc etc etc. I
> have all these sites bookmarked, so it'd be easy for me to knock
> out a little page and send 50 copies in my package. Any suggestions
> for additions to such a page?

I think that's a great idea too--too sites that come to my mind to add are
the Survey:

http://www.linguistics.berkeley.edu/Survey/

and the LDC:

http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/