LSA publisher's booth

Jeff Good jcgood+ at PITT.EDU
Mon Jun 28 19:28:46 UTC 2004

Heidi,

Thanks so much for looking into this. I think you're suggestion of
contacting ELAR and DoBeS is a good one. If AILLA is able to contribute
$200 then I imagine it should be possible to find the other $400 if we
start asking now.

I know E-MELD/Linguist is not able to commit money to a booth because they
have their own expenses relating to outreach at the LSA meeting, but, unless
there are objections, I think we should invite them to join us at the
booth without contributing. They were gracious enough to allow us to be
part of their office hours last year (and, I believe, invited us this year
for that too). And, they almost certainly would have spare manpower--so,
they'd be able to contribute quite a bit to the cause no matter what.

I'll volunteer to contact Steven and Gary (who are probably reading this
anyway) to see if any projects they are involved with might be able to
commit any money to a booth. We probably should also ask Gary Holton at
some point when he can answer us to see if the ANLC has money.

Jeff