publisher's booth - long

Heidi Johnson hjohnson at MAIL.UTEXAS.EDU
Wed Sep 1 14:44:30 UTC 2004

On Wednesday, September 1, 2004, at 09:23 AM, Deborah W. Anderson wrote:
>  I spoke to
> Leanne Hinton last week and she definitely likes the idea of providing
> information on the Survey of California and Other Indian Languages
> (which received an NEH grant to do digitizing), as long as they have
> something to report by then. (Mark Kaiser ought to know.)

People don't have to have earth-shattering results to report. Just a
flyer that
says "this is who we are and this is what we're doing" would be good,
too. I'm sure
there are lots of people who would be interested in knowing that SCOIL
is digitizing
their collection.

> I think the Dept. of
> Lings. will offer its laptop projector for use as an in-kind
> "donation."
This is a good point. In-kind donations will surely also be very
welcome.
Especially from Berkeley, which could perhaps "donate" warm bodies to
staff
the booth? You could tell the students that it's a great way to meet
people from
across the spectrum of the field, which is perfectly true.

Heidi