Santa Barbara 2008--Writing Research Across Borders

Clara Romero ulysse21fr at YAHOO.FR
Fri Dec 8 12:07:30 UTC 2006

De : GALBRAITH David <D.Galbraith at staffs.ac.uk>
  Date : 8 décembre 2006 11:29:02 HNEC
  À : EARLI-SIG-WRITING at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
  Objet : 2nd CFP: Santa Barbara 2008--Writing Research Across Borders
  Répondre à : GALBRAITH David <D.Galbraith at staffs.ac.uk>

  Second Call for Proposals:
  Writing Research Across Borders
  2008 Santa Barbara Conference on Writing Research
  University of California Santa Barbara
  February 22-24, 2008

  The Gevirtz Graduate School of Education and the Writing Programs at the University of California, Santa Barbara and the University of California, Davis invite proposals for their interdisciplinary conference, "Writing Research Across Borders," to be held February 22-24, 2008   in Santa Barbara, California.

  This is an exciting time where research on writing is having many births, rebirths, and growing spurts in many nations and with foci on many levels of schooling and development across the lifespan.  At the 2008 Santa Barbara Conference on Writing Research we hope to foster dialogues across different writing research traditions, located in different national, disciplinary, and programmatic venues. We have invited a premier panel of plenary and featured speakers to represent the diversity of writing research in the world and to open the door for further broad participation from researchers of all nations interested in all age levels, institutional settings, and disciplinary approaches.

  This conference follows on the successes of the 2002 and 2005 Santa Barbara Conferences on Writing Research, which had the themes of "Writing as A Human Activity" and "Writing Research in the Making."  Further information about our upcoming conference is available athttp://www.writing.ucsb.edu/wrconf08/.   Information about the 2005 conference is available at http://education.ucsb.edu/netshare/wrconf05/.

  We invite proposals for panels, roundtables, and individual presentations that discuss works in progress, completed research, and reflections on how writing research is conceived, proposed, funded, carried out, published, and responded to.  Conference proposals should be submitted by May 1, 2007.  Proposals should be under 300 words and in English (for a fuller statement on  language diversity at our conference, please seehttp://www.writing.ucsb.edu/wrconf08/language.html ). Please send proposals via email (as a Microsoft Word attachment or in the email body) towriting at education.ucsb.edu or send paper copies to the address below.

  In addition, through the generosity of the Writing Program of the University of California at Davis and Chris Thaiss, the Clark Kerr Professor of Writing at UC Davis, we are able to offer several fellowships to help support travel expenses for speakers.  Fellowships will be awarded based on financial need and proposal quality.  If you would like to apply for a fellowship, please submit a separate fellowship application letter explaining your need for funding and how the fellowship would fit with any other potential sources of funding available to you.

  If you have questions about the fellowship application letter or other aspects of the submission process, please feel free to contact Dr. Charles Bazerman or Suzie Null, the Writing Research Across Borders Conference Coordinators.  Both can be reached at writing at education.ucsb.edu.

  Writing Research Across Borders Conference
  Proposal Committee
  c/o Charles Bazerman
  Gevirtz Graduate School of Education
  UC Santa Barbara
  Santa Barbara, CA 93106-9490

  Thank you for your interest in our conference.  If you have any questions please contact us at writing at education.ucsb.edu

  For the Organizing committee

  Charles Bazerman
  Sheridan Blau
  Robert Krut
  Susan McLeod
  Suzie Null
  Paul Rogers
  Amanda Stansell

  http://www.writing.ucsb.edu/wrconf08/.
  writing at education.ucsb.edu
--
Professor Charles Bazerman
  Department of Education
  Gevirtz Graduate School of Education
  University of California, Santa Barbara
  Santa Barbara, CA 93106
  phone: 805-893-7543
  bazerman at education.ucsb.edu
  http://www.education.ucsb.edu/bazerman
  2008 Santa Barbara Writing Research Conference
  http://education.ucsb.edu/wrconf08/

  The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.

  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Kindly notify the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your computer.