Conf érence Nick Thieberger sur corpus oraux et métadonnées

Amina Mettouchi aminamettouchi at ME.COM
Mon Jun 17 11:38:50 UTC 2013

Cher(e)s Collègues,

Le laboratoire LLACAN est heureux d'annoncer la conférence de Nick Thieberger (Université de Melbourne, Australie), qui aura lieu
					le mardi 9 juillet 2013, de 17h à 19h
			Salle de Conférences du Campus CNRS, bâtiment D
					7, rue Guy Môquet - 94801 VILLEJUIF
			métro: Villejuif Paul Vaillant-Couturier (Hôpital Paul Brousse)
			plan d'accès : http://llacan.vjf.cnrs.fr/fichiers/planVJF.pdf

Finding what is not there: from language archives to an index of what is known about the world's languages

In this presentation I focus on methods for locating endangered collections of language records, describing, digitising and accessioning them, and incorporating their metadata into federated search tools. Endangered collections can include a collection of records in a linguist's deceased estate with no further information, or perhaps a set of recordings made by a Native Patrol Officer that are now held by their children. It is only by a concerted effort that we can locate these collections and obtain the trust of their owners to accession them into an archive. Of course, our responsibility as linguistic fieldworkers should ensure that we create proper collections and ensure they are archived, but my experience over ten years of working with the Pacific and Regional Archive for Digital Sources in Endangered Cultures (PARADISEC) is that it is still not the case that linguists take the creation of a research collection seriously.
http://languages-linguistics.unimelb.edu.au/thieberger/

N'hésitez pas à faire suivre cette information.
Bien cordialement
Amina Mettouchi
Amina METTOUCHI
Directeur d'Etudes en Linguistique berbère
http://aminamettouchi.linguanet.org/
Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes
IVe section, Sciences historiques et philologiques
45-47 rue des Ecoles, 75005 Paris
Laboratoire CNRS LLACAN, http://llacan.vjf.cnrs.fr/
UMR 8135, 7, rue Guy Môquet - BP 8
94801 VILLEJUIF (France)