CSV export/import with Target/Actual Syllables and Alignment

Philip Combiths philcombiths at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 08:50:41 EDT 2017

Hi all,

Is it possible to export and import CSV files such that the syllable
position assignments and target-actual alignment are preserved? Currently,
we have had to manually re-syllabify and re-align each record when a
session is imported/exported as a CSV file. I have so far only been able to
import and export the alignment tier via the Import/Export CSV plugin
(either Phon versions 2.1 or 2.2). Upon importing said CSV files, Phon
seems to recognize the alignment tier (it does not import it as a separate
custom tier). However, upon inspecting the alignment in the imported
session, it is not preserved (but rather reset to default).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
-Philip