Exporting results using ASCII instead of unicode

Brian MacWhinney macw at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Aug 7 18:04:51 EDT 2020

Dear kdaniels.slp,
    Back in the times before computer systems could all handle UTF8, there was a wide variety of systems for representing phonemes in ASCII.  One used by the CHILDES system was called UNIBET.  There was also a system called SAMPA that was widely used.  For both of these, you needed to make a custom set for the specific language you were using.  You can find information about SAMPA in Wikipedia.

--  Brian MacWhinney