Scripting Phon commands

Greg Hedlund greg.hedlund at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 09:39:50 UTC 2021

Hello Nina,

You can indeed script Phon using PhonShell, however it is not like Praat
in the way the scripting works.  Praats scripts are, as you have
mentioned, commands tied to menu entries in the application.  PhonShell
instead provides a full scripting environment with access to everything
in the runtime classpath of the application. You may choose to use
either JavaScript or Groovy for the language. There is documentation at
https://www.phon.ca/phon-manual/tools/phonshell.html outline what
variables are available inside a PhonShell context (the most important
one being the 'window' variable) as well as API documentation available
at https://www.phon.ca/apidocs/.

I can help with getting you started, but I would need to know more about
what you are trying to do.  Please contact my personal email and we can
continue this discussion.

Cheers,

-Greg