thien at UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Mon Aug 8 10:35:55 UTC 2005
A one-day training workshop on linguistic data management will be
offered by the Resource Network for Linguistic Diversity (RNLD) on
September 27th 2005 preceding the Australian Linguistic Society
Conference, to be held at Monash University's Melbourne City campus.
There will be a $40 charge to cover costs.
The training workshop will cover the following topics:
- general linguistic data management
- archiving data before analysis rather than some time after
- creation of persistent identification and citability of data
- creating metadata and managing small-medium scale linguistic data collections
- transcription of digital media with time-alignment of transcripts.
- interlinearising multilingual data with Shoebox
- managing a lexical database as the basis for dictionary production,
- conversion of data using regular expressions
Please contact Nick Thieberger (thien at unimelb.edu.au) before August
30th to reserve a place at this workshop.
More information about the Resource-network-linguistic-diversity