Non-roman and Transcriber

Claire Bowern anggarrgoon at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 29 17:12:29 UTC 2006

I don't use Transcriber (I use Elan) but I have exchanged emails in the
past with at least one software developer who did not realise that the
ability to display unicode fonts and the ability to enter unicode
characters are different coding issue. That may be the problem here.

I have tried Transana, but not since they introduced unicode support. In
fact, the unicode issue was the main reason I chose Elan over Transana.
I thought the interface and usability of Transana was great, and it
handled everything I wanted it to (audio, video, multiple annotation
tiers, tags, exports), but the font issue was the deciding factor for me.

Claire