Job

Nicholas Thieberger thien at UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Wed Oct 4 01:44:53 UTC 2006

************

POSITION VACANCY

ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF LINGUISTICS IN
LANGUAGE DOCUMENTATION AND CONSERVATION: The
Department of Linguistics at the University of
Hawai'i at MÇnoa invites applications for a
full-time, tenure-track position (position no.
83078) in Language Documentation and
Conservation, to begin August 1, 2007, or as soon
as possible thereafter, pending availability of
position and funding.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Ph.D. in linguistics or
related field. (Those currently pursuing a Ph.D.
must provide evidence that all degree
requirements will have been met by the date of
hire). Applicants are expected to have practical
fieldwork experience and a demonstrated
commitment to the goals of language documentation
and conservation, as well as a high-quality
research record in these areas.

DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: Prior knowledge of one
or more Asian and/or Pacific languages would be
an important asset, as would expertise in
computational methods of data manipulation,
storage, and dissemination. We are especially
interested in candidates who are willing to
participate fully in the department's many
language documentation activities, and whose
research and teaching interests allow them to
interact with faculty and students in the
department, in other departments, and within the
community as well.

SALARY: Commensurate with experience.

TO APPLY: Send a letter of application, a copy of
your CV, copies of key, relevant publications,
and three letters of recommendation to: Chair,
Department Personnel Committee, Department of
Linguistics, University of Hawai'i at MÇnoa, 1890
East-West Road, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA.

CLOSING DATE:  We will begin to evaluate
applications and supporting materials by December
1, 2006.

INQUIRIES: Same address as application. We regret
that we cannot accept applications via
fax. E-mailed applications must be followed by
hard copy postmarked (priority mail) by December
1, 2006. (E-mail address:
<mailto:linguist at hawaii.edu>linguist at hawaii.edu). Please
note that we cannot ensure that all e-mail or fax
communications in regard to this position will be
answered.