Transcriber

Nicholas Thieberger thien at UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Tue Oct 3 02:18:12 UTC 2006

Anna,

It sounds like it will not be any extra trouble for you to include
the English in the transcription, but you may want to mark the
language and English text somehow so that you can automatically
separate them later (perhaps when you put the file into Toolbox for
glossing?). You may want to strip out the English for some purposes,
and having it clearly marked will make that easier later. What I mean
by marking is something like:

This is the transcription in language <English> This is the
transcription in English
or even
This is the transcription in language \fg This is the transcription in English

where the beginning of the line is taken as being the start of the
language and the end of the line is taken as being the end of the
English.

In general, I prefer to keep the time-aligned transcript a simple as
possible, and then put the more complex annotation into the Toolbox
version, but that's my workflow preference, using Audiamus as the
main repository of transcripts and media.

Nick