release of ELAN version 3.2.0

Margaret Florey Margaret.Florey at ARTS.MONASH.EDU.AU
Fri Oct 5 07:40:34 UTC 2007

Dear RNLDers,

MPI has just released ELAN 3.2.0. Here's the download site.

Below I'm attaching what the developers say about the new release.

best wishes,
Margaret

Today we have released ELAN version 3.2.0. In this release a few problems have been fixed
and a number of new
features have been added. Most noticeable are the improvements to the structured search in
multiple files. It is now
possible to execute queries based on the annotation structure within tiers and/or between
tiers. A history of the queries
is being stored. For the results there is a concordance and a frequency view. The user
preferences are now stored in xml
and can be saved and applied to an other document window. The restructured preferences
mechanism is ready for more
customization possibilities in the future. Furthermore a number of new options have been
added to import and export
functions like those for Praat, traditional transcript and tab-delimited text.

The installer of ELAN for Windows attempts to solve the problems withQuickTime 7.2, if it is
already installed.

For a detailed list of the changes please read the release notes at
http://www.lat-mpi.eu/tools/elan/release-notes.html.

Best regards,

Han Sloetjes
-MPI for Psycholinguistics-