Zoom H4 Digital Recorder

Nicholas THIEBERGER thien at UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Wed Feb 20 19:51:21 UTC 2008

Dear RNLD members,

Yet another one of those 'What recording equipment to buy' queries.
We are looking to buy field recorders and have the following on the
shortlist. Prices are in $US. I am leaning towards the Tascam and the
Marantz but would be happy to hear from anyone with experience of any
of these, or of other similar machines.

Zoom H2 (~$180)
Marantz PMD620 Digital Recorder (~$360)
M-Audio Microtrack II (~$300)
Edirol R-09 24-Bit Wave/MP3 Recorder (~$350)
TASCAM DR-1 Portable Studio Audio Recorder (~$248 - 300)
SONY PCM-D50 (~$450)
Olympus LS-10 Linear PCM Recorder (~$400)

I'll put a comparison of specifications of these recorders on a public site.

All the best,

Nick

--
Room 579, Moore Hall