Zoom H4 Digital Recorder

Claire Bowern anggarrgoon at GMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 23 17:38:14 UTC 2008

We've used the Marantz 670, the Microtrack and the Edirol R-09 in field
methods (and students on fieldwork have used them) over the last few
years. I have had very good experience with the R-09, although the
battery/SD-card cover is a bit flimsy. Our students like the Microtrack;
it's easy to use and has been very reliable. The recording levels are ok
for field methods-type consultant work; not sure how they'd be in the field.
Claire