Notice of AGM

colleen hattersley colhatts at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 6 01:36:29 UTC 2009

Anne: For info.

Dear Nick, Margaret, Anthony and RNLDers
 I'd like to let you know that Nyikina people in the West Kimberley are
establishing a Language Hub which at the moment consists of three people in
Broome and two in Derby (and one linguist, yours truly).  The Broome team is
currently engaged in art classes at TAFE so that they can illustrate the
Nyikina Dictionary which is being worked out in Lexique Pro and bouncing off
the First Nyikina Lexicon recorded by Bronwyn Stokes thirty years ago.  The
team's responsibilities apart from improving their expertise in art, are to
assist with developing the dictionary and, more immediately, play a key role
in launching Madjulla Inc.'s first bilingual book of Nyikina stories. (see
www.majala.com.au for ordering information). Launches are scheduled for 10
October in Derby and 14 October in Broome.

Re Margaret's "on-site mentored one-to-one training of community language
activists in language
documentation and revitalization methods and technologies" - if our team can
be of any assistance, eg in trialling the course or similar, please do not
hesitate to contact us. In any case, we would be extremely interested in
knowing when the course becomes available.

Best wishes for the AGM tomorrow.
Colleen Hattersley

--
Colleen
PS  Save Money When You Shop Through My Store