Toolbox on Mac

Xavier Barker meibitobure.gaunibwe at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 18 04:37:21 UTC 2010

Hi Aidan,

Sharing folders in VirtualBox is easy enough.  You simply choose (in
Mac) Devices>Shared FOlders> CLick on the + and then input the path of
any folder you want on the Mac/.Nix side: e.g.
/users/username/Foldername.  Then give the user full (read/write)
permissions and you're set.  In fact, VirtualBox then handles it pretty
much the way you suggest: It creates a mapped drive by UNC Path, such as
\\vboxsvr\foldername in the windows VM.  If you can't leave WIndows,
VirtualBox is the way to go - it will do anything you want and if it
doesn't, you've not lost anything as it's free.

Darwine or Crossover?  The arguments will be the same; Darwine's free
and open-source, Crossover is commercial, not-free (quite costly) and
closed-source.   On the flip-side, Darwine is not maintained very well
so there's fewer updates, Crossover is updated regularly.  The only
questions at the end of the day are of preference and freedom to use the
software you own.
Cheers,
Xavier