Reviews of three microphones

Bartlomiej Plichta plichtab at MSU.EDU
Wed May 19 00:53:09 UTC 2010

Dear RNLD,

There are three excellent microphones that I typically recommend for recording high-quality speech samples in the field: (1) Beyerdynamic Opus 55 MkII, (2) Shure Beta 53, and (3) Sennheiser HSP2. These microphones are expensive, but they have the electrical and acoustic performance necessary for recording excellent spectral detail. I have just completed my review of all three mics and you can read it on my website:
http://bartus.org/akustyk/opus55/index.php
http://bartus.org/akustyk/beta53/index.php
http://bartus.org/akustyk/HSP2/index.html

I hope you find the reviews useful. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Best wishes,

Bartek Plichta
http://bartus.org