online dictionary

Nick Thieberger thien at UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Tue May 25 05:27:32 UTC 2010

Hi Yvonne,

I have used LexiquePro to produce an html version of my Toolbox dictionary,
and to update it periodically. To get sound and images into the html version
I needed to include the references to these files in my Toolbox lexicon file
(something like this \pic NT5-003-A.jpg). For sounds, the output of a
Transcriber or Elan file will give timecodes, and I had a speaker read the
headwords for citation, using the lexicon as the script, and then
time-aligning the script to the media. The whole audio file can be used in a
streaming server, or you can segment the audio file into small files, each
named by the word they represent, by using Audacity's label function
(file>export multiple), with the labeled sections being imported directly
from Transcriber (limsi label format export).

Nick