FW: publisher of learner's guides?

Kazuko Obata Kazuko.Obata at AIATSIS.GOV.AU
Wed Oct 27 23:29:53 UTC 2010

Hi Piers

I would also love to see more language materials published!  We, the
linguists at AIATSIS, will be talking to the Director of Aboriginal
Studies Press and the co-coordinator of AIATSIS Research Publications
about the publication needs for language materials. Hopefully,
e-publications will offer us a solution. We will pass them what everyone
has contributed so far. If you have any other information or suggestions
about e-publications, please let us know.

Kazuko Obata (PhD)
Language Access Research Fellow
AIATSIS
Phone: 02 6246 1166
Fax: 02 6249 7714

________________________________

From: Piers Kelly [mailto:piers.kelly at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 11:48 AM
To: Felicity Meakins
Cc: Rachel Nordlinger; Claire Bowern; r-n-l-d
Subject: Re: publisher of learner's guides?

Off the topic: I'd love to see Aboriginal Studies Press expand its range
of eBooks along the lines of ANU E Press. In other words, there is an
editorial or peer-review process to maintain quality for print on demand
titles (free as a pdf). So it's not vanity and you get lots of readers.
I'm a big fan of the concept.A couple of weeks ago I attended an E Press
book launch with no physical book on display at the eventthis was not
even remarked upon as unusual.

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Felicity Meakins <f.meakins at uq.edu.au>