Puliima 2011 National Indigenous Languages and Technology Forum - Calling for presenters, exhibitors, sponsors.

Daryn McKenny daryn at ACRA.ORG.AU
Fri Sep 17 01:19:27 UTC 2010

Thanks Nick for beating me to posting this, your too quick.

Please circulate throughout your Networks

Puliima 2011 National Indigenous Languages and Technology Forum

Hi Everyone,

We would like to invite you to participate in the "Puliima 2011 National Indigenous Languages Technology Forum" to be held at the State Library of Queensland in Brisbane from Wednesday the 11th of May through till Friday the 13th May 2011.
The conference will comprise of the following:
Tuesday 10th May

6pm evening pre-conference get together (for those that arrive early)

Wednesday 11th May

Puliima Day 1

Thursday 12th May

Puliima Day 2

Friday 13th May

Optional Events:

Indigenous Linguists Forum

Focus Workshops

The aim of the Puliima Forum is to bring together people from all over Australia and overseas who are involved in Indigenous language projects and communities to share skills and information on the use of a wide range of technology to support their work. The event showcases a variety of production tools, models and programs that support content production in a range of mediums (sound, multi-media, image and print) and enables community users to experience them first hand. It incorporates knowledge of linguistics, educational programs and teaching methodologies as well as legal, moral and cultural aspects of community language project development.
The 2011 Puliima Forum will run over three days, and will include as an Australian first, a separate forum for Indigenous linguists, of which we are pleased to say there is a growing number. We aim to allow the participants to share their experiences and draft proposals to support employment initiatives, at the same time establishing a supportive network for ongoing contact.
This will be the third Puliima Forum, with the conference having been held in Newcastle in 2007 then Melbourne in 2009 with over 200 people expected to attend the 2011 Forum.
We are thrilled to be hosting Puliima 2011 once again and we encourage you to participate to explore and share the many ways in which language is either being revitalised or preserved in your area.
View a short take from Puliima 2009 on YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54diX6bkWCg>
See you in Brisbane!
Download the promotional Poster in A3 size<http://www.acra.org.au/images/stories/Puliima2011/poster2011a3newtheme.pdf>

Current Activity

Calling for Presenters – closing 30th November 2010. Further information for Presenters can be found HERE<http://www.acra.org.au/puliima/call-for-presenters.html>

Registration – Opening TBA

All Enquiries – either email us at puliima2011 at acra.org<mailto:puliima2011 at acra.org> or contact us online<http://www.acra.org.au/puliima/contact-puliima-team.html>

Prospective exhibitors and sponsors - please visit our website for further details<http://www.acra.org.au/puliima.html>

All media enquiries to be directed to Daryn McKenny 61+ 02 4927 8222

Regards

The Puliima Team

Arwarbukarl Cultural Resource Association Inc. Trading as:
Miromaa Aboriginal Language and Technology Centre

P | 02 4927 8222    F | 02 4925 2185    E | puliima2011 at acra.org.au<mailto:puliima2011 at acra.org.au>    W | http://www.acra.org.au/puliima.html

P  Please consider the environment before printing this email

The Arwarbukarl Cultural Resource Association Inc. respects the privacy of individuals and strives to comply with all areas of the Privacy Act. The contents of this email are intended for the purpose of the person or persons named in either the "To" or "CC" boxes of the email. Any person not named in these boxes in receipt of this email should immediately delete this email and advise the sender accordingly.

To UNSUBSCRIBE from our mailing list please reply to this email with the words UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.
To change your details please send an email to puliima2011 at acra.org.au<mailto:puliima2011 at acra.org.au> with the changes