Solar panels

Peter Austin pa2 at soas.ac.uk
Wed Feb 9 20:56:07 UTC 2011

Xavier

I don't use an iPad myself -- perhaps you're thinking of my blog post
(http://bit.ly/hfdEBb) which described and illustrated Anthony Jukes'
use of an iPad during his recent fieldwork in Indonesia.

I am waiting to have a look at the new Android tablets running
Honeycomb that are reported to be coming on the market soon, like the
Motorola Xoom -- they will have dual core processors and an open
architecture plus card slots and a proper file system so look
potentially more attractive than the walled garden Apple approach. It
would be interesting to test one in the field under "normal" work
conditions, perhaps with a wireless keyboard in use as well.

Peter

--
Prof Peter K. Austin
Marit Rausing Chair in Field Linguistics

web: http://www.hrelp.org/aboutus/staff/index.php?cd=pa