Sustainable data from digital research: Humanities perspectives on digital scholarship

Nick Thieberger thien at unimelb.edu.au
Wed May 4 10:38:01 UTC 2011

REVISED CALL FOR PAPERS - Please distribute

Sustainable data from digital research: Humanities perspectives on
digital scholarship
http://paradisec.org.au/2011Conf.html

Dates: 12-14th December 2011

Venue: University of Melbourne, Australia

A PARADISEC conference

Keynote Speaker: Susan Schreibman, from Trinity College in Dublin, who
is co-editor of A Companion to Digital Humanities and has been the
Director of the Digital Humanities Observatory, a national digital
humanities centre developed under the auspices of the Royal Irish
Academy.

Papers are welcomed on any relevant topic, including (but not limited to):

How can we:

    ensure the longevity of the data we record
    access our own data over time
    provide public access to publicly funded research data (including
dealing with ethical and IP issues)
    provide data to the people we record, especially to those who have
little access to computers or the internet
    ensure that our research processes and analysis take maximum
advantage of the access to data provided by digital methods
    embed our analysis in accessible data to allow verification of our claims
    enable research based on digital data from archival sources
    develop tools and processes that accumulate data in
standards-conformant formats

Abstracts for proposals for the published volume are due by 9th May
2011, with responses by 10th June, 2011.

Abstracts for papers to be presented but not published can be
submitted up until the 27th of May 2011.

Full papers for those who want them published in the peer-reviewed
volume will be required by August 5th for peer-review. The edited
volume will be available as a book at the conference and will be
hosted in an open-access online repository at Sydney University. Some
non-published presentations will also be accepted.

Abstract submission should be made on the conference management system
where you will need to register yourself as an 'author'.

The organising committee is: Nick Thieberger, Linda Barwick, Craig
Bellamy, Rosey Billington, Steven Bird, Birgit Hellwig, Tom Honeyman,
Anthony Jukes, Stephen Morey, Rachel Nordlinger, and Jane Simpson.