LSA CELP: Native American language revitalization letter writing campaign

Andrea L. Berez andrea.berez at hawaii.edu
Mon Nov 28 17:27:11 UTC 2011

Dear RNLD List members,

*The LSA Committee on Endangered Languages and their Preservation (CELP) is
requesting the help of the American linguistics and language activism
community on RNLD.* You may recall that last April the LSA passed a
resolution urging President Obama to sign an executive order on Native
American language revitalization (
http://www.lsadc.org/info/lsa-res-native-american.cfm). CELP is now
following this up by instituting a *letter-writing campaign to President
Obama*, in order to convey to the White House our support for this
important issue.

*We are encouraging all of you to write letters* and become agents of
positive change. *Writing a letter is easy* – it takes just a few clicks on
the CELP website: www.lsacelp.org.

 There are three ways to help!

1. Simple, effective, and really fast:

-Go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact

-Fill out the form. In the drop-down list for the Subject box, select
“Education.”

-In the message box, copy and paste the letter found at the bottom of our
webpage http://lsacelp.org/take-action/ and type your name at the end.

-Solve the captcha by typing the word or phrase given in the box. Press
send, and you’re done!

2. More effective and almost as fast:

-Copy and paste the letter found at http://lsacelp.org/take-action/ into a
word processor such as Microsoft Word.

-Type today’s date at the top of the letter.

-Print it out and sign it.

-Mail it to: President Barack Obama The White House 1600 Pennsylvania
Avenue NW Washington, DC 20500

3. Most effective:

-Write your own letter in your own words. Let President Obama and the White
House know why this issue is important to you!

-Use the link above to send your letter electronically, or print and sign
your letter and mail it to the White House.

Thank you very much for your attention. We value your participation and all
the work that you do in the furtherance of Indigenous language
revitalization.

Yours truly,

Carol Genetti

Chair

LSA Committee on Endangered Languages and their Preservation