Developing an online learning tool

Alison Soutar asoutar at rnld.org
Wed Nov 30 01:02:47 UTC 2011

Dear RNLDers,

We are currently working on developing an online learning tool to
support our training and would love to hear any experiences you have
had with programs such as blackboard, moodle, wikispaces or any other
programs you may have worked with.

Important functions of the program will be the ability to upload
training materials, resources and videos, as well as the ability to
connect people around the country through discussion forums and
potentially a chat facility.  We will also be looking for a program
that is user-friendly and which allows for multiple
courses/participant groups. We will of course also need to take into
consideration cost-effectiveness in terms of set up and ongoing
maintenance costs.

I have noted that some Universities are moving from blackboard to
moodle/wikispaces and would be interested to hear any experiences you
have had with the transition, as well as any improvements/benefits you
have noted.

Any thoughts, tips or experiences would be much appreciated!

Kind Regards

Alison Soutar

Education Officer
Resource Network for Linguistic Diversity (RNLD)
www.rnld.org

PO Box 627
Carlton South, VIC 3053
Australia
Skype: RNLDorg

Ph: +61 3 9662-4027 (office)

Please note: I am in the Office on a Monday and Wednesday