GoogleDocs

Robert Early early_r at vanuatu.usp.ac.fj
Sun Sep 11 12:53:23 UTC 2011

Recently there were some postings about using Google Docs for collaborative
dictionary work etc.  Many folk are also using it as just another backup
medium. I've been doing this for a while, but have recently found that
I cannot download any of my files that have been stored there...which
kind of defeats the whole purpose...

A quick Google search shows that people all over cyberspace are reporting the
same problem, and it's recent. None of the threads that I looked at had any
solutions, and when you look at the GoogleDocs official help threads, it
seems that threads on this topic are being closed with no further
replies/comments allowed. There are some sorry stories of commercial operations
that were uploading all their data etc. to GoogleDocs as state-of-the-art cloud
computing, and now they can't get it back!

Is anyone up-to-date on what is going on here?

Thanks,

Robert Early

--
Robert Early