Headset microphone

John Rickford rickford at stanford.edu
Mon Sep 12 21:35:20 UTC 2011

For answers to this, and just about any other question one might have about field recording equipment and technique, acoustic analysis, and more, check out Bartek Plichta's excellent website:  http://bartus.org/akustyk/index.php

You might also want to sign up to receive his Akustyk updates/news, and consider his tutorials and/or consulting
services.  See below, from his latest update.

John R.

"
Phonetics workshops

This year, like last year, I will be teaching Web-based phonetics & phonology workshops, including speech synthesis. Please, email me if you or your students are interested. I can accommodate a large group, so you can use my workshop as a special assignment for your students. The workshops will take place sometime this fall, on Saturday mornings (EST). Last year was a huge success. All workshops are free, but I recommend that you make a donation if you've found them of value.

Programming and data analysis services

Ever since I started Akustyk, I have provided numerous services entirely free-of-charge. However, I cannot further support the website unless I offer some services for a small fee. Akustyk will continue to be free, but I will provide additional services, including:
custom software development in Praat and Matlab
custom statistics in R
remote software assist
custom workstation building
custom audio technology services (audio digitization, digital noise reduction, etc.)
acoustic data analysis of speech
design and deployment of Web-based experiments (with audio & video)
I charge a very reasonable fee -  far less than a plumber or electrician, and I hope you can trust my expertise. Please, email me if any of you are interested in my services, and please, spread the word among your colleagues and friends.

Thanks!

Best wishes,
Bartek"