[RNLD: ] Next Linguistic Forum at Mirima

KJ Olawsky manager at MIRIMA.ORG.AU
Thu Apr 26 02:19:29 UTC 2012

Dear all

Below please find an invitation to the next Linguistic Forum at Mirima
Dawang Woorlab-gerring.

Mirima Linguistic Forum

27-30 April 2012

Mirima Dawang Woorlab-gerring, Language and Culture Centre (MDWg), is
happy to announce its 3rd Linguistic Forum to take place on Friday, 27th
April and Monday, 30th April 2012. The forum will take place at Mirima
Language Centre, Kununurra.

Friday 27th April 2012, 2:30pm:

1) Lizzie Damiano, University of New England, Armidale: Miriwoong Phrase
Structure

Monday 30th April 2012, 2pm:

2) Frances Kofod, MDWg: The Painter's Eye, The Painters, Voice, Language
Art and Landscape in the Gija World

The Mirima Linguistic Forum is a new initiative by MDWg to bring
together people with an academic interest in Indigenous studies. While
our focus is on language and culture, ideally with a reference to local
Indigenous matters, we welcome contributions on related topics. We leave
plenty of time for discussions and presentations occur in an informal
and relaxed atmosphere. The forum is open to all; if you happen to be in
the Kununurra area and would like to present on a topic of interest -
please let us know: info at mirima.org.au.

Dr. Knut J. Olawsky

Senior Linguist/Manager

Mirima Dawang Woorlab-gerring,