[RNLD] re: Advice, have I got a virus

Stephen Morey S.Morey at LATROBE.EDU.AU
Fri Aug 17 02:33:14 UTC 2012

Dear RNLD list,

I'm hoping someone might know the answer to this.

Following up Nick Thieberger's post about Andrea Berez's templates, I had a bit of a problem.. On my laptop computer (but not the University desktop) on the Documentation Software page, the word templates was in red and underlined twice, and linked to this page:

http://surveygroupintl.com/survy-au-fl/surveyfl6np.php?source=tvcpc&engsec=7&t202kw=Templates
which is a damned survey.

Later I worked out to click on the blue 'here', but there are several of these double red underlined links on that page and these are linking to commercial ventures. And I've seen it in other places.

Does anybody know what kind of problem this is or how to solve it? Have I acquired a virus maybe? (Despite Kaspersky)

Stephen Morey
Centre for Research on Language Diversity