[RNLD] Re: How many hours - recap

Lindsay Marean lmarean at BENSAY.ORG
Wed Aug 29 23:11:07 UTC 2012

Thank you everyone for your response to my question about "enough" hours
of recorded speech for language documentation and about different things
to record.  Responses ranged from specific hourly minima and discourse
types to technical recommendations about video and multiple microphones
to insights based on personal experience in endangered language
communities.  Thank you all for your diverse perspectives.

In all I've received 19 responses in the last three days.  I've pasted
them all into a Google document, which you should be able to read here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TDYfMjioe2-yXXHxN_RqULmYjt3EDvMOJZoAJLNyxYY/edit

If you have trouble with this link, or if you'd like your post to be
removed from the document or revised, please e-mail me off-list.

Lindsay