[RNLD] RNLD Award Winners

Felicity Houwen fhouwen at RNLD.ORG
Thu Aug 30 03:03:32 UTC 2012

Dear RNLDers,

We are excited to announce the winners of the first RNLD Award for
Creativity in Indigenous Youth Language Projects. The prizewinners come
from four states and territories, and their entries highlight the diverse
strategies that young people are creating to support their languages.
Congratulations to all of the prizewinners for their wonderful efforts!

*12 years and under*

First prize: Evita Puruntatameri and school friends — Ngariwanajirri: the
strong kids song. Tiwi language, Northern Territory

Second prize: Ky-ya Grace Ward — Singing in language: DVD of Woiwurrung
songs. Woiwurrung language, Victoria

*19-25 years*

First prize: Clint Taylor — illustrations in Gurri watharrigu magaragu: the
girl is looking for her little brother. Yinhawangka language, Western
Australia

Second prize: Arlene McInherny — Nyiirunba Gulaman: book about plants.
Gathang language, New South Wales

Visit our website to see some pictures of the winning entries:
http://www.rnld.org/award

We encourage you all to start planning your entries for the 2013 award.

kind regards,
Margaret

--
Felicity Houwen