Switch-reference workshop

Jeremy Hammond Jeremy.Hammond at MPI.NL
Sun Oct 21 00:12:36 UTC 2012

Apologies for cross-posting.

Hi all,

In the apparent absence of a dedicated "Australianist" mailing list I thought this might be of interest to those of you working in Australia (or PNG perhaps) on languages which have clause chaining or switch-reference constructions.

We are organising a 30-year anniversary workshop based on the seminal Haiman and Munro (1983) volume on switch-reference. We hope to re-kindle cross-linguistic and typological discussions of switch-reference clauses. Both John Haiman and Pamela Munro will be attending and the workshop, if accepted, will be held as part of SLE 2013 in Croatia. See http://linguistlist.org/callconf/browse-conf-action.cfm?ConfID=152331 for details on abstracts etc.

Cheers

Jeremy

Jeremy Hammond
Syntax, Typology and Information Structure Group
Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics
P: +31-24-3521171
E: Jeremy.Hammond at mpi.nl<mailto:Jeremy.Hammond at mpi.nl>
W: http://www.mpi.nl/people/hammond-jeremy