[RNLD] ELAN and new Imacs and OS X

Margaret Carew margaret.carew at BATCHELOR.EDU.AU
Tue Dec 3 03:15:02 UTC 2013

Hi there

I've heard informally that ELAN doesn't work on the newer imacs. I have ordered but not yet received a new imac, and haven't had a chance to test. I'm not sure which OS it will have, either 10.8 or 10.9 I guess.

I've looked at the ELAN forums and see that some users have had problems relating to 10.8 and newer versions of Java, which affect ELAN, eg:
http://tla.mpi.nl/topic/upgraded-to-mac-os-10-8-cant-open-any-existing-eaf-files/

I'd like to hear from anyone who is running ELAN on 10.8 or 10.9 and/or the latest imac - problems, solutions etc.

Thanks

Margaret Carew
Project Linguist
Desert Peoples Centre, Alice Springs
Research, Teaching and Learning Division
Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education

tel: 08 8951 8344 | fax: 08 8951 8311
email: margaret.carew at batchelor.edu.au<mailto:margaret.carew at batchelor.edu.au>  | www.batchelor.edu.au<http://www.batchelor.edu.au/>

This email and any files transmitted with it are solely intended for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and privileged. If you receive this email in error, please advise us by return email immediately. Please also disregard the contents of the email, delete it and destroy any copies immediately.