[RNLD] ELAN and new Imacs and OS X

Nick Thieberger thien at UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Tue Dec 3 04:32:13 UTC 2013

Hi Margaret,

I also had the problem of trying to install Elan in system Mac OS 10.9 and
got the following response from Han Sloetjes:

"At the bottom of the download page we have some "instructions" on how to
install ELAN:

** To run ELAN on Mac OS Mountain Lion (10.8), you need to allow
applications downloaded from “anywhere” in the Security & Privacy system
preference pane. After having changed this setting and having started ELAN
once, you can revert this setting if you wish."

I tried this and it works.

Nick