[RNLD] re: Computer - Video Camera Leads

Stephen Morey S.Morey at LATROBE.EDU.AU
Wed Jan 9 02:09:11 UTC 2013

Dear All,

Back in the late 1990s I purchased a Sony Camera and took lots of videos in the field which I could not at that time capture into my computer.

I still have some that I need to do.

The Camera only has what I think is called a 'Firewire connection' which is a very small rectangle with an indentation in the bottom. I have a cable with this connection on both ends. My old laptop had such a connection but the new one (of course) doesn't. Can anyone advise whether its possible to get a cable that has firewire at one end and USB at the other, and if I find such a thing, will it work, or are these two methods of transmitting data incompatible?

Thank you all


Stephen Morey
Australian Research Council Future Fellow
Centre for Research on Language Diversity
La Trobe University
Website: http://www.latrobe.edu.au/rclt/StaffPages/morey.htm

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/resource-network-linguistic-diversity/attachments/20130109/6ff6ea8b/attachment.html>

More information about the Resource-network-linguistic-diversity mailing list