[RNLD] re: Computer - Video Camera Leads

John Olstad jtolstad at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 9 03:17:23 UTC 2013

Hi Stephen,

It is not possible to go from firewire to USB; that will unfortunately not
work. However, 1) like your old laptop, that mini firewire connection is
common to the previous generation of Dell laptops and 2) you can get a
cable quite easily that connects mini firewire to full firewire  or an
adapter to make the small one a big one and virtually all Apple computers
have that for capturing video. If you get that cable or adapter from ebay
(4-pin to 8-pin firewire) and plug it into a mac, you should be able to
digitize your tapes quite easily.

Hope that helps

John

--