: [RNLD] Links between publication and sound corpus

Randy LaPolla randy.lapolla at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 18 13:32:24 UTC 2013

That sort of thing is used here (Singapore) for children's books, but it can be used for anything. The ones I've seen are made in China, so mainly are for teaching children to read Chinese. Essentially the pen is a recorder and playback device, and "learns" to associate codes that are on the page with short audio files that you buy or create yourself. For ones you record yourself you associate a tag with the file and then paste the tag on the page. When the pen reads the code, it plays the file. It is quite clever and not expensive.

Randy
-----
Prof. Randy J. LaPolla, PhD FAHA (罗仁地)| Head, Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies | Nanyang Technological University
HSS-03-45, 14 Nanyang Drive, Singapore 637332 | Tel: (65) 6592-1825 GMT+8h | Fax: (65) 6795-6525 | http://sino-tibetan.net/rjlapolla/