[RNLD] Major Miromaa Software Technology Release

Daryn McKenny daryn at acra.org.au
Wed Nov 25 01:00:05 UTC 2015

Hi Everyone,

In what is the eleventh anniversary of our software program ‘Miromaa’, we have released what we feel is probably the most important advancement within the program since its launch.

The latest version of Miromaa now allows YOU to make Dictionaries right from within Miromaa in minutes.  No need to export out to other programs at all!

Miromaa has for over a decade helped people not just around Australia but also around the world document every aspect of their language as well as helping them share their language in various forms.  Those who are familiar with Miromaa will know that until now, to make a dictionary, picture dictionary or lexicon, Miromaa has packaged your language entries and exported them into other programs like Toolbox, Shoebox, FLEX or Lexique Pro to produce resources from there. Now that has all changed with the introduction of the Miromaa Community Dictionary Maker!

The Miromaa Community Dictionary Maker(MCDM) comes as a new feature built right into the Miromaa software program. With this new comprehensive, yet easy to use feature, Indigenous communities working to document and reclaim their languages will now have one of the most powerful, feature rich, language documenting and resource creating software programs in the world.

The MCDM allows you to produce dictionaries, word lists, lexicons, knowledge books, picture dictionaries whatever you would like to call them, it does not matter, what does is that anyone will now have the ability to do it themselves easier and faster than before.

This is the easiest and most powerful of the tools available to provide YOU with the immediate ability to help not just document but produce some of the most important resources to assist in saving your language.

You can read more about the features of the Community Dictionary Maker here: http://miromaa.org.au/miromaa/dictionary-maker.html

This new addition to Miromaa is available immediately to any current owners of the Miromaa software or to any new users of the program.  http://miromaa.org.au/miromaa/howtoobtain.html

Coming Soon…….

iOS apps - We are also pretty excited that we will soon be announcing the first of many languages to have produced an iOS app using the Miromaa program and our amazing app template which will also be made available to every Miromaa software user.  Here is a sneak preview of the app: http://miromaa.org.au/miromaa/apps.html

New look Learning Room – We are currently working hard at enhancing and updating our Miromaa support resources for both our current and new tools and will be launching our new look Learning Room in 2016!

Regards

Daryn McKenny

Miromaa Aboriginal Language and Technology Centre

P | 02 4927 8222    F | 02 4925 2185    E |daryn at acra.org.au<applewebdata://37F1573D-FCE2-4015-A5B5-0A6BFB8B41A1/daryn@acra.org.au>  W | www.miromaa.org.au
SKYPE | darynmck

Miromaa Aboriginal Language & Technology Centre respects the privacy of individuals and strives to comply with all areas of the Privacy Act. The contents of this email are intended for the purpose of the person or persons named in either the "To" or "CC" boxes of the email. Any person not named in these boxes in receipt of this email should immediately delete this email and advise the sender accordingly.