[RNLD] deadline for application to CoLang 2016 in Alaska

Margaret Florey mflorey at rnld.org
Sun Jan 10 23:27:02 UTC 2016

Dear RNLDers,

our first announcement for the new year is about the looming deadline for
applications to *CoLang 2016: Institute on Collaborative Language Research*.
This is the 5th CoLang (formerly InField), and this Institute will be held
on the campus of the University of Alaska Fairbanks. Those of you who were
able to participate in previous institutes at the University of California
at Santa Barbara (2008), University of Oregon (2010), University of Kansas
(2012) and the University of Texas at Arlington (2014) know just how
invaluable and fabulous this institute is!

The CoLang model offers two weeks of intensive workshops (June 20-July 1)
focusing onlanguage documentation, language revitalisation, linguistics,
and fieldwork.

The workshops are followed by an optional 3 week block (July 5-23) of
intensive practica in language documentation. This time, participants in
the practica stream will be able to choose from the following featured
languages:

   - Unangam Tunuu (Aleut) [ISO 693-3: ale
   <http://www.ethnologue.com/language/ale>], the language of the Aleutian
   Islands, Alaska
   - Han (Athabascan) [ISO 693-3: haa
   <http://www.ethnologue.com/language/haa>], a Dene (Athabascan) language
   of Eastern Alaska and the Yukon
   - Miyako (Ryukyuan) [ISO 693-3: mvi
   <http://www.ethnologue.com/language/mvi>], a Ryukyuan language of
   Southern Japan

CoLang instructors come from across North America and around the world to
deliver workshops in their areas of expertise. The international student
body includes students and faculty in linguistics, and community language
activists. Both introductory and advanced courses are available.

Applications close this Friday 15 January, so don't waste any time! Head to
http://www.alaska.edu/colang2016/ for information on the institute, and
then go to http://www.alaska.edu/colang2016/application/ to submit your
application.

kind regards
Margaret

--
Dr Margaret Florey
DRIL Director

I am usually available in the office Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and
Fridays except when I am travelling to deliver DRIL training workshops
<http://t.co/xulmFjTlmt>

*Contact details*

ph: +61 (03) 9077-9500 (office)
mob: 0488 086 031
skype: RNLDorg

*Postal address*
Resource Network for Linguistic Diversity
Box 9
19-21 Argyle Place South
Carlton, Victoria 3053
Australia

*Street address*
Suite 3, Level 1
19-21 Argyle Place South
Carlton, Victoria 3053

www.rnld.org
ABN 24 215 634 040

*RNLD proudly supports the Racism.it stops with me campaign  *
itstopswithme.humanrights.gov.au <http://t.co/xulmFjTlmt>@*ItStopsWithMe*
<https://twitter.com/ItStopsWithMe>

I pay my respects and acknowledgments to all Traditional Custodians on
whose land I live, work and travel through