[RNLD] Master-Apprentice programs?

Ryan Henke ryanhenke2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 15:56:43 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm a PhD student in Linguistics studying language documentation and
revitalization. I am writing because a member of an Indigenous language
community in Canada has asked me to put together a list of organizations
and communities that may have implemented the master-apprentice approach
(MAA) for language teaching.

I've found that no such list exists for languages throughout the world
(just areal lists like RNLD's <http://www.rnld.org/MALLP>), so I figured I
might as well start putting a worldwide list together. In a nutshell, I'm
hoping to compile a list that gives people a sense of what MAA efforts may
have taken place for a language of their interest, and give them something
to follow up on.

*My question to you all:* Would any RNLD-ers be willing to check out the
list and see if they could contribute some information about language
communities who may have used the MAA?

If anyone is interested, here is the link
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rLfTi3gLmrHfLNrZ8KMeLkd0RtESrh7Q1oddlHG1F4c/edit#gid=0>
to the list. The "About the list" tab explains what I'm going for, and
please feel free to comment and/or let me know your thoughts via email.

Thank you for your time,

Ryan Henke
*University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa*