[RNLD] Re: Rawang Dictionary app

Randy J. LaPolla randy.lapolla at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 06:53:13 UTC 2016

Hi again everyone,
A number of people wrote to me to ask how the Rawang Dictionary app was made and how much it cost, etc. Here is David’s answer to those questions:

The dictionary app builder can be downloaded free of charge: http://software.sil.org/dictionaryappbuilder/ <http://software.sil.org/dictionaryappbuilder/>
It has detailed instructions as well.

If the data is in one of these programs: FleX, WeSay and Lexique Pro, it should be pretty easy.

What I did was, I exported my Flex data to a LIFT file and gave it to my friend, who helped me built the app, because I didn't have time, and help was available. He spent about 1-2 hrs and the app was ready! I gave him 2000 baht as a small gift and 25 US$ dollars for uploading on Google Play store.

Once installed it works offline as well.

Randy