[RNLD] 1st graduation from RNLD's Certificate III

Margaret Florey mflorey at rnld.org
Wed Oct 19 17:18:16 EDT 2016

Dear RNLDers,

The DRIL training team and all of RNLD's staff members are very proud and
excited to let you know that the first cohort graduated from RNLD's Certificate
III in Aboriginal Languages for Communities and Workplaces
<http://www.rnld.org/CertIII> last week.

Nine language workers and language nest staff from Mirima Dawang
Woorlab-gerring in Kununurra WA and one teacher from the Kalumburu Remote
Community School took part in the certificate, that was delivered in three
blocks from May to October this year. 9 of the 10 graduated last week, and
we are making plans for the 10th participant to finish and graduate next
year.

NITV journalist Laura Morelli has produced a very nice article
<http://www.sbs.com.au/nitv/article/2016/10/14/meet-10-achievers-their-certificate-iii-aboriginal-languages-communities-and>
profiling the participants.

We warmly congratulate all participants for their great achievement in
graduating which has resulted from their hard work and determination
through the year and their strong support of each other. As one of them
said in her profile "Studying the certificate is important because maybe
one day one of us will run the Language Centre- or maybe the whole lot of
us!".

Next week our training team heads to Wangka Maya Pilbara Aboriginal
Language Centre in South Hedland, WA, to complete the certificate there.
Our second graduation will be held next Thursday night.

kind regards
Margaret

--
Dr Margaret Florey
DRIL Director

I am usually available in the office Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and
Fridays except when I am travelling to deliver DRIL training workshops
<http://t.co/xulmFjTlmt>

*Contact details*

ph: +61 (03) 9077-9500 (office)
mob: 0488 086 031
skype: RNLDorg

*Postal address*
Resource Network for Linguistic Diversity
Box 9
19-21 Argyle Place South
Carlton, Victoria 3053
Australia

*Street address*
Suite 3, Level 1
19-21 Argyle Place South
Carlton, Victoria 3053

www.rnld.org
ABN 24 215 634 040

*RNLD proudly supports the Racism.it stops with me campaign  *

itstopswithme.humanrights.gov.au <http://t.co/xulmFjTlmt>
*ItStopsWithMe*

I pay my respects and acknowledgments to all Traditional Custodians on
whose land I live, work and travel through