[RNLD] JOB: Lecturer in Linguistics, Level B, University of Melbourne
racheln at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Dec 5 21:42:54 EST 2017
Lecturer in Linguistics (full-time, continuing)
The School of Languages and Linguistics, University of Melbourne
Salary: $98,775 - $117,290 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The School of Languages and Linguistics teaches a broad suite of undergraduate and graduate courses, maintains a vigorous research higher degree culture, and has an internationally-recognised research profile. The School houses the Research Unit for Indigenous Language, Language Testing Research Centre and a node of the ARC Centre of Excellence for the Dynamics of Language. The School now seeks to appoint a Lecturer to consolidate and further develop the teaching and research program in linguistics.
The position is in Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, which offers an undergraduate major and minor in Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, a minor in English Language Studies, as well as a graduate Master of Applied Linguistics, in addition to an Honours program and a large PhD program. The School also offers an English as a Second Language (ESL) program which includes a suite of credit-bearing subjects at undergraduate and graduate level. The Lecturer will contribute to teaching and research excellence in the linguistics program including the coordination of subjects, preparation and conduct of lectures and tutorials and related assessment, and consultations with students.
The successful applicant will be a committed and engaging educator, will be responsible for teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels and will assist in the development of new subjects as appropriate; they will also undertake supervision of Research Higher Degree students. The incumbent will undertake research resulting in publications with leading publishers in the field, foster engagement links with external networks/partners nationally and internationally and will take on administrative tasks associated with the appointment.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2018
Key Selection criteria:
* A completed PhD in Linguistics
* Demonstrated expertise in research in descriptive and theoretical linguistics
* A strong record in research with a developing publication profile
* Ability to teach across levels from first year to PhD, and in a range of topics in linguistics including two or more of morphology, syntax, semantics, language typology, and English grammar
* Capacity to attract research grants and consultancies
* Ability to supervise honours and Research Higher Degree students
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
* Experience in fieldwork and language documentation
* Experience in corpus-based and/or quantitative approaches to linguistic analysis
* Ability to develop research synergies aligning with current research strengths and strategic priorities
* Capacity to build local and international networks and partnerships.
Detailed position description and selection criteria: http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/caw/en/job/892290/lecturer-in-linguistics
Assoc Prof Rachel Nordlinger FAHA
Director, Research Unit for Indigenous Language
ARC Centre of Excellence for the Dynamics of Language
School of Languages and Linguistics
University of Melbourne
VIC 3010, Australia
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Resource-network-linguistic-diversity