[RNLD] FW: Global survey of language revitalization efforts

Doug Marmion doug.marmion at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 21:50:25 EST 2017

FYI.

-doug

From: Vogel, Rachel [VogelR at si.edu]
Sent: Saturday, 4 February 2017 8:12 AM
To: Research
Subject: Global survey of language revitalization efforts

---------------------------
The Recovering Voices Initiative at the Smithsonian Institution’s Museum
of Natural History, in consultation with the Linguistics Department at
the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, is carrying out a survey of language
revitalization programs worldwide. As part of our efforts, we are asking
revitalization practitioners to please share their experience with us.
This research is the first of its kind, and we expect that it will yield
insights that are of value to practitioners involved in language
revitalization around the world.

We would be most grateful if you would be willing to tell us about the
language you are working to revitalize, and about your efforts to do so.
The survey will take about a 20 minutes to complete. You can access the
English version via this link:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LanguageRevitalization-Eng.
Additional language versions are also available through the Recovering
Voices website at
http://recoveringvoices.si.edu/research/associatedresearch.html.

Please also share this call and relevant links with other language
revitalization practitioners.  Should you have any questions please do
not hesitate to contact Gabriela Pérez Báez at
perezbaezg at si.edu<mailto:perezbaezg at si.edu>, principal investigator, or
Rachel Vogel at VogelR at si.edu<mailto:VogelR at si.edu>, research assistant.