[RNLD] Git for file managment.

Nick Thieberger thien at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jul 25 13:48:59 EDT 2017

Hi Hugh,

I'm using git for several projects. The simplest model is a collection of
texts that I can work on on my laptop and then commit to the repository
when they are ready. This is a single repository and means I can access
them anywhere, and also keep track of changes. Another project involves
hundreds of pages of TEI marked up text that feed a website of vocabularies
of Western Australian languages. Having this in a git repository means I
can collaborate with others on the same data, and we can keep all the work
in sync. I use SourceTree on a mac as the local client.

Nick