[RNLD] FLEx crashing problem

John Hatton john_hatton at sil.org
Wed Sep 20 12:11:37 EDT 2017

Hi Justin,
You'll want to ask FLEx questions on the FLEx list, where the community,
developers, and support folks hang out. In particular, you'll want to find
out if you're being bitten by a bug Microsoft shipped in Windows updates
around last June (in .net 4.7). Microsoft has now fixed it, but you may
have to do some things to get that fix to your machine sooner than it would
normally. I haven't been following that saga, but here's one thread I see
on the FLEx list
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/flex-list/.net%7Csort:relevance/flex-list/LRh0EGySUYQ/Ft9WB8VLBAAJ>
.

What I think people are doing is letting Microsoft update them a bit early,
for example to the Windows 10 Autumn Creators Edition (version 1709).  At
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/upcoming-features, near the bottom,
it tells how to get it early.

--

John Hatton

Senior Software Engineer/Program Manager
Language Software Development
SIL International