Gyu Lha's message

Guillaume Jacques rgyalrongskad at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 18 09:27:18 UTC 2013

I am Gyu Lha from Siyuewu Village in Sichuan Province. Yes, my community speaks Lavrung, a term that does not mean anything in my mother tongue. I was first exposed to the term 'Lavrung' on Sun's a paragraph description on Lavrung. I didn't know he was referring to my language until I saw my village's name listed. Later I asked elder people in my village if they knew the term, but they did not know either.

As you pointed out that this term 'Lavrung' comes from Huang's informant which does not necessarily apply to the whole Lavrung speaking communities; therefore I strongly insist on reconsidering the name.

To my limited knowledge, I am not really what the language should be called; but people in my community themselves call the language Rongske which literally mean the language for farmers. People have been farmers in this region since time immemorial and they how other people call them as well.

I am looking forward to hearing more and contributing more.